|Do country commitments make a difference in |
progress toward financial inclusion?
Some of the take-aways from the report:
- Country commitment is fundamental.
- The movement toward digital financial services will accelerate financial inclusion.
- Geography generally matters less than policy, legal, and regulatory changes, although some regional trends in terms of financial services provision are evident.
- Central banks, ministries of finance, ministries of communications, banks, nonbank financial providers, and mobile network operators play major roles in achieving greater financial inclusion.
- Full financial inclusion cannot be achieved without addressing the financial inclusion gender gap.
Find out where your country ranks in the first scorecard of what will be a series of annual reports.